Do you want to help shape the future of the healthcare in Milton Keynes and beyond? Would you like to receive some brilliant incentives from local companies?
In 2007, Milton Keynes Hospital became a Foundation Trust (FT). This means the hospital has a greater say in the care it provides and the way it spends its money. Becoming a FT also means that the Board of Directors is accountable directly to the local community (its members) through the Council of Governors (CoGs).
We believe that our members (made up of patients, public and staff) are an invaluable resource. They help to tailor services to the changing needs of the local community; they work with us to improve patient experience; and they help to develop the future of Milton Keynes Hospital and the local healthcare community.
As a member, you will:
- Receive invitations to members’ meetings and special events.
- Receive newsletters and updates about the hospital’s activities.
- Have access to Members’ Council representatives, to raise any concerns and offer ideas.
- Be able to elect Members’ Councillors who will help involve patients, families and the public in how we can do things better.
- Have the opportunity to influence the development of the Trust and its services.
It’s completely up to the individual how involved they want to be. We value any input local citizens are able to offer.
If you’re ready to give more time, a Member can also stand for election to the Council of Governors (CoGs). The CoGs is made up of representatives from public and staff constituents, as well as representatives from various stakeholder and partner organisations. They:
- Work with the Trust to make sure its long term plans match the needs of the local population and influencing proposals to make changes to services.
- Work with the Board of Directors to ensure that the Trust fully understands the needs of the local community.
- Represent the views of the wider membership.
- Appoint the Chair and other Non Executive Directors.
- Attend CoGs meetings and actively and constructively contributing to discussions.
If you’d like to become a member of Milton Keynes Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, you can apply online. If you’d like more information about the role of the Council of Governors or Members, email email@example.com or call 01908 243300.