The PALS team is available to listen to your feedback and help resolve any issues or concerns you may have about your care.
They can also direct you to other providers, organisations and groups that may be able to help.
The team is based in the hospital's temporary main entrance, located at the Treatment Centre. They are available Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays), 9.30am to 5pm. Ask at reception if you are unsure where to go.
Alternatively, call (01908) 995954 or email PALS@mkuh.nhs.uk
If the team are unable to resolve your concerns, they can put in touch with the complaints team.
We will always work closely with you and our clinical colleagues to resolve your complaint.
On receipt of your complaint, we will contact you by phone or email to discuss your experiences at the hospital. We will discuss a way to resolve the issue that is mutually agreeable, and inform you of the timescale of action.
You can then expect a confirmation letter within three working days, outlining the agreed course of action. If we cannot contact you by phone or email, we will acknowledge your complaint, in writing, within three working days. You will also be invited to call us to discuss your complaint.
You can call the contact the complaints team via:
Call 01908 995954
Or write to:
The complaints team
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
To make a complaint, please complete the complaints form here.
The Patient Advice Liaison Service (PALS) is there to help patients, and their relatives and carers, find speedy and effective solutions to any issues and to receive feedback on hospital care, treatment and services.
What do PALS do?
- We are a patient friendly, easy to access, confidential service that provides personal contact to assist patients, relatives and carers.
- We can offer on the spot help, advice and information if you have any concerns or questions.
- We will listen to your concerns and help you find ways of resolving them.
- We will take note of what you tell us to help improve the service the hospital offers to our patients.
- We act as a point of contact for all those wishing to get advice and information about hospital services.
If you contact PALS for assistance or advice we will:
- Contact you in person within 24 hours or by the end of the next working day.
- Advise you of the options available to you and help you to find the best way forward.
- Listen to your concerns in confidence and only pass on information to staff or other organisations with your permission (if you are a relative, carer or friend of a patient we will need to obtain the patients permission).
- Provide non medical advice and information.
- Keep you advised at all times of the progress of any action you ask us to take on your behalf.
- Use anonymised information from our contact with you to improve hospital services for the future.
- Pass on your compliments and thanks.
- Talk to senior staff managers on your behalf and arrange for you to meet with them.
- Refer you to outside organisations should you need them.
- Explain the complaints process and refer you the Complaints Team if required.
- We can give you information about the independent complaints advocacy service.
- Ensure that no person who contacts PALS receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of their sex, marital status, race, creed religion, physical disability, mental health, learning difficulty, age or sexual orientation